Amazon UK

Monday 1 April 2019

'My Favorite Murder' Podcast Hosts Share Their Favorite True-Crime Reads




Goodreads Mystery & Thriller Week 2019






Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark are the cohosts of the wildly popular true-crime podcast My Favorite Murder. This spring they'll also become published coauthors with their memoir Stay Sexy & Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide. Here they share their favorite true-crime reading for all you Murderinos out there.















Goodreads: What drew you to the genre of true crime?




Karen Kilgariff: When I was a kid, I always felt like the adults were keeping all the interesting, juicy stuff a secret from me. The first true-crime book I ever read was like graduating into the world of adults, where suddenly I was finding out how horrible everything really was. I loved it.



Georgia Hardstark: Morbid curiosity and acute anxiety.





Goodreads: What makes a great true-crime book?



KK: I think the key is a strong beginning that hooks you in so you have to know what happens next. I like clean, simple writing that tells a human story without being too clinical or too pious. I just read an advanced copy of American Predator by Maureen Callahan about the serial killer Israel Keyes, and it was exactly like that. I finished it in three days. It was just perfect.



GH: I love when you can tell the author is the kind of person who can’t stop talking to their friends and family about the crime they’re obsessed with, to a point where those friends and family, who aren’t as into true crime, have asked them to stop sharing the details with them and just write a book already. The Poisoner’s Handbook by Deborah Blum and I’ll Be Gone in the Dark by Michelle McNamara are great examples of this.




Check out Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark's favorite true-crime books:


































Which of these true-crime books would you recommend? Tell us in the comments!



Check out the complete coverage of Mystery & Thriller Week:

Spring's Most Anticipated Mysteries & Thrillers

Top 100 Mysteries & Thrillers on Goodreads


The Best Mystery & Thriller Adaptations Since Gone Girl



posted by Cybil on March, 26

from Goodreads Blog https://ift.tt/2ODFMv5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

New video by Penguin Books UK on YouTube

GIVEAWAY 🎉 How To Dance The Charleston With Jacqueline Wilson 'Dancing the Charleston' is a brand new Jacqueline Wilson novel, ful...