Amazon UK

Thursday 27 September 2018

13 Ways Book Lovers Make More Time for Reading












So many books, so little time? Every reader's been there. We asked on Facebook and Twitter: How do you make more time for reading? From savvy tips ("Listen to audiobooks while you drive!") to cheeky suggestions ("Just don't sleep!"), these are the ways your fellow book lovers fit reading into their busy lives.




1. "Throughout the day I play a little game. I read a chapter (just one) and then I get up and clean something. Example: Go and sweep the kitchen floor. Then read a chapter. Then fold a load of clothes and put them away. Then go read another chapter. I can do this all day. It works great for me!" -Shannon



2. "I always carry a book with me, so if I have to wait—like at a doctor's office—I can get some reading in." -Brigitta



3. "Get called for jury duty! Ha! Waiting can take hours. Get prepared to catch up on your reading." -Elizabeth



4. "I take the bus to work instead of my car, which saves me money and gives me lots of time to relax and read!" -Michelle



5. "Well, I stay up late reading, which has lead to a mild sleeping disorder…but, guys, books are worth it!" -Kyushu



6. "I wake up a little earlier each day and enjoy a book with breakfast." -Kaitlynn



7. "I am a huge fan of audiobooks. I listen to audiobooks while driving, taking a walk, cooking, and traveling…. Audiobooks offer huge opportunities to make the most of your time while you are doing something else." -Emile



8. "Instead of watching TV before bed, I read! You sleep better that way, too. -Raquel



9. "I actually 'plan' my reading time each day and night. Even if I have a hectic day, I schedule at least 30 minutes for myself." -Susan



10. "It's not the safest way to make time, but I read while walking to work." -Eliza



11. "I've actually called in sick when I've been reading something particularly good!" -Angela



12. "I watch TV a LOT. However, it finally dawned on me that the commercial breaks these days are much longer than they used to be. So I keep my book with me when I'm watching TV, and I can get several pages read during commercial breaks. I average about 30-40 pages per night this way!" -Sara



13. "Get old. Retire from your job. Presto! More reading time!" -Linda









How do you make more time for reading? Share your tips in the comments!



Check out more recent blogs:

Finding the 1,000 Books to Read in a Lifetime

Paulo Coelho's 'Hippie' Travel Tips

The Most Beloved WWII Novels of the Last Decade



(Top image credit: Beauty and the Beast)



posted by Hayley on September, 27

from Goodreads Blog https://ift.tt/2OUnoxg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

New video by Penguin Books UK on YouTube

GIVEAWAY 🎉 How To Dance The Charleston With Jacqueline Wilson 'Dancing the Charleston' is a brand new Jacqueline Wilson novel, ful...