Amazon UK

Sunday 10 February 2019

“Like Harriet the Spy for grown-ups” – Pretend I’m Dead by Jen Beagin

"As I get older, I have less time for tricksy. I want honesty, authenticity, sympathy for the human condition. A book like Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday, for me, falls into the first camp - it's a dog walking on its hind legs, and it impresses the right people, and you can't move for column inches and podcast interviews and all the rest of it; a book like Pretend I'm Dead by Jen Beagin falls into the second camp - so you probably won't have heard about it, or read reviews, or heard interviews. It's just a good, unshowy book. One of those."

from Bookmunch http://bit.ly/2E2vb9e
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

New video by Penguin Books UK on YouTube

GIVEAWAY 🎉 How To Dance The Charleston With Jacqueline Wilson 'Dancing the Charleston' is a brand new Jacqueline Wilson novel, ful...