Amazon UK

Friday 25 January 2019

“Effectively a coming-of-age novel” – The Gunnars by Rebecca Kaufman

"It’s not very fair to end a review with a ‘if I were to do this’ rumination, but indulge me: Mikey’s going blind is enormously compelling, as is both his family situation and Sally’s (no spoilers!), and I would have loved a slower, more detailed examination of all this that played out chronologically, rather than an assemble-piece that relies on flashback and uses death as the dramatic instigator. Kauffman has the ideas and the ambition, but I would like to see a more ruthless exploration of friendship than the one I found here..." - Valerie O'Riordan reviews The Gunnars by Rebecca Kaufman

from Bookmunch http://bit.ly/2B1NJEL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

New video by Penguin Books UK on YouTube

GIVEAWAY 🎉 How To Dance The Charleston With Jacqueline Wilson 'Dancing the Charleston' is a brand new Jacqueline Wilson novel, ful...