Amazon UK

Thursday 28 September 2017

“There’s real honesty in the mongrel voices that Lynn Gaspard, the editor, has put together” – Don’t Panic I’m Islamic, ed. Lynn Gaspard

"‘Brave’ and ‘timely’ are, I’d imagine, descriptors that will commonly get tagged to Don’t Panic, I’m Islamic. But ‘honest’ is, I think, most apt – there’s real honesty in the mongrel voices that Lynn Gaspard, the editor, has put together. As much as some would like to pretend, the world is no longer binary. And Oscars Wilde’s observation, quoted at the very start of the book, is thus a firestarter – a spark for the whole project. And Saqi have pulled it off with aplomb..." - Tamim Sadikali reviews Don't Panic I'm Islamic, ed by Lynn Gaspard

from Bookmunch http://ift.tt/2xHMnh1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment

New video by Penguin Books UK on YouTube

GIVEAWAY 🎉 How To Dance The Charleston With Jacqueline Wilson 'Dancing the Charleston' is a brand new Jacqueline Wilson novel, ful...